Sunday, Sep 13
We kicked this week off with the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary which happened to fall the day after Labor Day, a Tuesday. Oh second week back to school, how is it that you’re more difficult than the first? My kids love tacos, and lots of them, so this week we had a variation of “Taco Tuesday” to start the school week right.
- Bruschetta Chicken- Four stars, excellent meal, just can’t get the kids to eat the tomatoes, argh! I’d make it again for company. This was a pretty dish, too, but I completely forgot to take a picture of it.
- Beef & Bean Burritos- Five stars, no question, easy to prepare, easy to heat up for later. Kids and parents alike loved this meal.
- Farfalle with sausage, peas, and mushrooms- Four stars. Not everyone loves mushrooms and peas, but the sausage and pasta were a big hit. I love this meal, especially because it’s so easy to remember the ingredients when I’m at the grocery store.
- “Brinner” breakfast burritos- Five stars, because Brinner is always a hit.
- Honey Lime Chicken- Five stars, I forgot to buy veggies to eat with this so the picture is just sad, but I never said I was a food stylist. Yummy, yummy marinade! All seven family members loved this dish.
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- Crispy Apricot Pork Chops
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Fr. Leo’s Fusion Fajitas
- Roast Turkey- I purchase bone-in turkey breasts in a honey brine at Wegman’s. Then I buy pre-made mashed potatoes and some cranberry sauce. The kids love this dinner!
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Slow Cooker Cherried Chicken
- Pork Stew with Apricot and Prunes I always have my butcher trim and cube the pork shoulder. It’s a lot of work! This dish tastes so good with mashed potatoes. I think I’ll make this next Sunday since it takes a bit of time and needs to cook low and slow in the oven. This isn’t really a week-day after school kinda meal.
Have a wonderful week! And please, if you have any recipes you’d like to share, the comment box is open!